ICC Announces 2022 Women’s Twenty20 International Team, Including Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, and Richa Ghosh
- India’s Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, and Richa Ghosh were all selected as members of the Women’s T20I Team of the Year (2022) as announced by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Monday.
- Smriti Mandhana (opener), Deepti Sharma (all-rounder), and Richa Ghosh (wicketkeeper) of India were all selected as members of the Women’s T20I Team of the Year (2022) by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Monday. Sophie Devine of New Zealand has taken the reins as team captain. There are three Indians and three Australians in the team’s starting lineup. Smriti Mandhana, a batting superstar for India, had an outstanding year at the plate, accumulating 594 runs at an impressive 33.00 batting average and a strike rate of 133.48. Over the course of the year, she batted.513 (5 for 50) in 21 games, including the Women’s Asia Cup final in October versus Sri Lanka.
- Deepti Sharma, an off-spinner, shared third place for most wickets taken by a bowler in women’s Twenty20 Internationals with her total of 29. Deepti bowled at an economy rate of just over six runs per over and averaged 18.55 with the ball, while also contributing admirably at the batting crease. In Twenty20 Internationals, she batted 370 times, averaging 37 runs per game and striking out at a rate of 136.02.
- For India, young stud Richa Ghosh stood out with a strike rate of above 150 in the format this year. The wicketkeeper-batsman amassed 259 runs while smacking 13 sixes in 18 games, displaying spectacular skill at the crease while batting in the middle of the order.
- With 389 runs and 13 wickets, Sophie Devine was once again the best player in the league. The New Zealand batsman struck a half-century in the Commonwealth Games, besting both Australia and England.
- In 2022, despite playing in only 14 T20Is, Beth Mooney was at the height of her powers, averaging 56.12 and scoring runs at a pace of 134.43. By scoring two half-centuries in the opening bilaterals in sub-continental conditions, Mooney carried her form into the India series. The Australians beat India in the final of the Commonwealth Games, and Mooney was the game’s leading scorer. Mooney batted 61 and hit 41 balls.
- The 2018 ICC Women’s Twenty20 International (T20I) Team of the Year consisted of the following players: Smriti Mandhana (India), Beth Mooney (Australia), Sophie Devine (c) (New Zealand), Ash Gardner (Australia), Tahila McGrath (Australia), Nida Dar (Pakistan), Deepti Sharma (India), Richa Ghosh (India), Sophie Ecclestone (England), and Inoka Ranaweera (Sri Lanka).
Leave a Reply