An official from the Board of Control for Cricket in India states, “Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have decided to leave the Indian Twenty20 team permanently.” Keep Up with the Latest Developments
Improvements to the Indian Cricket Team for the Twenty20 Match Against New Zealand: InsideSport first reported that Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli would not be included in the Twenty20 International team to face New Zealand at home.
Despite this, both athletes were willing to be picked. We at InsideSport wanted to know if Rohit and Virat will be considered for the T20 team in the future, so we contacted a top BCCI official to find out. The official from BCCI gave a direct response, saying, “their removal from the T20 team is Permanent”: InsideSport.IN is the place to go for real-time information on the Indian cricket team and the New Zealand series.
- Will they be considered for T20 in the future? wondered InsideSport.
According to a BCCI official, both Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli will be permanently removed from the Indian Twenty20 squad. In spite of the fact that anything is possible down the road, we need to move on for the time being. Continue on to preparing a team for the T20 World Cup in 2024. There’s no place for them in the new order of things, sadly.
- As for the Twenty20 format, Rohit Sharma told InsideSport that he is not finished with it just yet.
- One BCCI official said, “How we can decide their future. National selectors can only make squad decisions that are in India’s best interest. Rohit, Virat, and the rest of the gang can talk about their future plans with anyone they want to.
- India has added Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan to its Test squad for the upcoming Australia series.
India’s T20 squad in New Zealand: Prithvi Shaw is back to play, and Jasprit Bumrah and Sanju Samson are back to a bowl.
- An official from the Board of Control for Cricket in India states, “Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have decided to leave the Indian Twenty20 team permanently.” Keep Up with the Latest Developments
- Rohit, Kohli, and other veterans of the Indian and New Zealand Twenty20 teams can see the writing on the wall. Both of them, along with Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, R. Ashwin, and Dinesh Karthik, have been forgotten by the BCCI.
- Neither KL Rahul nor any of his teammates were considered for the T20 or ODI squad by the selectors. However, the BCCI claims that his and Axar Patel’s absences from the ODI and T20I selections against New Zealand are due to personal reasons.
- In the Twenty20 Internationals, Hardik Pandya will remain as captain. Even though Prithvi Shaw hasn’t played for India since July 2021, the new selection committee nonetheless saw fit to include him in the Twenty20 team. Also returning to the T20I squad is Kuldeep Yadav, who was named Man of the Match for his 3/51 in Thursday’s second ODI against Sri Lanka. Sadly, Harshal Patel has been let go.
- India has called up KS Bharat to play alongside Kishan as a second keeper while Rahul takes a rest. With Axar out of the lineup, the One-Day Internationals have been given to Shahbaz Ahmed of Bengal.
SERIES INDIA SQUAD VS. NEW ZEALAND
- India’s ODI team to play New Zealand consists of Rohit Sharma (captain), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (wk), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, KS Bharat (wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yada
- Hardik Pandya (captain), Suryakumar Yadav (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ruturaj Gaikwad (all bats), Shubman Gill (all bats), Deepak Hooda (all bats), Rahul Tripathi (all bats), Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar (all bats), Kuldeep Yadav (all bats), Yuzvendra
- InsideSport.IN is the place to go for real-time information on the Indian cricket team and the New Zealand series.