Shreyas Iyer’s back injury keeps him from playing in NZ ODIs.
- Shreyas Iyer will not be able to play in any of New Zealand’s forthcoming three One-Day Internationals. The BCCI issued a statement on Tuesday afternoon, January 17th, confirming this and stating that Iyer had a “back injury.”
- According to the release, “He will be traveling to the National Cricket Academy (NCA) for additional examination and guidance.”
- The series, which will begin on January 18 in Hyderabad, has replaced Iyer with Rajat Patidar.
Iyer batted 38 in his most recent encounter on January 15 in Trivandrum, and he appeared in all three games of the just-finished series against Sri Lanka.
- The BCCI has been mum on the specifics of his injury, including how long it will take him to recuperate and when it happened.
- After Iyer injured his shoulder while fielding in March 2021, he had to get surgery and missed six months of baseball. Since then, this is his first safety-related worry.
- India’s current roster is as follows: Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Virat Kohli (vc), Suryakumar Yadav (wk), KS Bharat (wk), Hardik Pandya (VC), Rajat Patidar (wk), Washington Sundar (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed (wk), Shardul Thakur (wk), Yuzvendra Chahal (wk)