Hacked: The Twitter Account of IPL Team Royal Challengers Bangalore Is Now Called the “Bored Ape Yacht Club”
- Royal Challengers Bangalore, an IPL team, had their Twitter account hacked and used to spread anti-free-token (NFT) propaganda.
- The Twitter Account for the IPL Team Royal Challengers Bangalore Was Hacked And Renamed The “Bored Ape Yacht Club.”
- Royal Challengers Bangalore’s account in the Indian Premier League’s Twitter platform was hacked, and the perpetrators posted a series of tweets about NFTs.
- A Two-Minute Read An IPL team’s Twitter account was hacked and renamed the “Bored Ape Yacht Club.”
As reported by BCCI, the Twitter account of the IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore has been compromised.
On Saturday, hackers broke into the official Twitter account of the Royal Challengers Bangalore, a team in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and posted several tweets about networked financial transactions (NFTs). The account’s profile picture and name were both updated to feature the iconic “Bored Ape” NFT logo. Additionally, “To become a member, purchase a Bored Ape or Mutant Ape on OpenSea” was added to the account bio. Made with the help of @yugalabs. While the profile pic and name have been restored to their previous states, two NFT-related posts remain on the timeline.
- The RCB Twitter account has been compromised before. In September of 2021, a similar situation occurred, but the franchise was able to get the account back up and running in time.
- “Dear 12th Man Army, we had our Twitter account hacked into, but we just got back in. We do not support the tweet that the hackers sent out, which we have now deleted, and we strongly condemn it. “We apologize the inconvenience caused,” RCB tweeted back then.
- Reece Topley (INR 1.9 cn), Himanshu Sharma (INR 20 ln), Will Jacks (INR 3.2 cn), Manoj Bandage (INR 20 ln), Rajan Kumar (INR 70 ln), Avinash Singh (INR 60 ln), and Sonu Yadav were all purchased by RCB at the IPL 2023 auction (INR 20 lakh).
- Full RCB roster: Faf du Plessis (c), Virat Kohli, Suyash Prabhudessai, Rajat Patidar, Dinesh Karthik, Anuj Rawat, Finn Allen, Glenn Maxwell, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shahbaz Ahmed, Harshal Patel, David Willey, Karn Sharma, Mahipal Lomror, Mohammed Siraj, Josh Hazlewood, Siddarth Kaul, Akash