Funny Back and Forth Between Sachin Tendulkar and Retired Indian Cricketers, “Batting Karte Samay Bhi…”
- When asked about his favorite shot, Sachin Tendulkar recalled an occasion and said that for once, the straight drive, a skill he had mastered over his playing career, was not his favorite stroke.
- After the striker made a shot off the delivery, the batter at the non-end striker’s was out after the ball hit the bowler’s leg during the Pretoria Capitals’ and Joburg Super Kings’ SA20 League match. Ex-Indian batsman and current color commentator Aakash Chopra gave his take on the situation, as did ex-pacer RP Singh. But RP Singh remembered a day when he used the identical tactic to run out Sachin Tendulkar.
- The former bowler claimed that he had apologized to Tendulkar immediately after the event, but Chopra had a little fun with the situation by urging him to apologize to the batting great once more.
- Singh responded, “No, I have never been able to run someone out after the ball hit a portion of my body while bowling, but I did hit a straight drive once when batting, and the player at the non-end striker’s was run out as a result of it.”
- Chopra then apologized to Tendulkar by reposting the footage of the event and quoting Tendulkar’s funny response.
When asked about his favourite golf shot, he recalled the incident and said that for once, the straight drive, a shot he had mastered, was not his go-to option.
“The straight drive wasn’t my favorite shot for a change! @cricketaakash. @rpsingh I want you to bat, bhaiyya, and take a wicket. Even when batting, RP Singh was a wicket-taking machine “To Chopra’s remark, Tendulkar wrote back.